Thursday, December 10, 2009

Last little bit 12/04/09 (please excuse the mistakes on the past few dates)

We leave for the airport today in order to travel to Xi'an.  I went out this morning to find the fake factory that I have been searching for.  I found a section of the city where most of the shops sell "antiques" and I found a few places that make the pots that become the "antiques".  Most of the ware at the Antique market is made like normal, but then the sellers will rub in dirt and oil onto the surface to age the ceramics.  I have even heard they sometimes bury the pieces in dirt for an extended time to age them.
 I also found a box makers shop (When you buy a pots here they usually put them in these really fancy looking, cheaply made boxes, that are really cool.
 I also found a paper shop that was so nice (I love paper). 

No comments:

Post a Comment