Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A whole lot of Nothing 10/13/09

Today was the first rainy day that we have had in a while.  I exercised in the rain this morning and it was really fun.  Most of the day was spent in the studio, but in the afternoon I took my daily adventuresome bike ride.  I went in search of the factory that makes the fake antiques ( I was inspired after the antique market).  All that I found was another huge vase factory.  Holy cow, I wonder who is growing such huge flowers.

There are these motor cycle taxis drivers here.  They park along the street, smoke cigarettes, wear sunglasses, and look intimidating.  These guys drive their motor cycles in a not so safe fashion, all while they wear the funniest little plastic helmets.  I am sure the helmets would do nothing to protect them if they were to crash, but fall off.  With this in mind I decided it would be funny to make some of these helmets out of porcelain, and decorate them in a not-so-bad-ass way. I think the porcelain would probably be just as protective anyway.  Hopefully I will be able to get some of these motor cycle men to wear my helmets, at least long enough for a photo.  Our cooks found my stash of helmets and had some fun with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment