Thursday, October 8, 2009

Made in China 11/05/09

Today was a day for exploring.  There is a part of town where it is all about ceramics.  Today I went there to peek around.  The buildings are really cool and old.  I saw mostly people press molding sculptures, others putting them together, and other glazing and painting them.  The sculptures are really quite beautiful, and watching people work on them is cool.  They move so fast doing this to the sculpture and doing that, while smoking, talking on the phone, talking to one another, and gawking at me.

The term made in China has changed for me.  I used to imagine a robot, or machine making all of this Chinese product, but it is a person.  The interesting thing is when it comes to the ceramics most of the makers are not working in ceramics because of a passion to make, but more a passion to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment