Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fun Day 10/30/09

Today was a wonderfully fun day.  Late in the afternoon we escaped the studio as a group and visited a restaurant/ fishing hole.  You go to this place and go fishing and then any fish you catch they will cook for you.  So imagine 10 American kids with a lot of beer and really weird fishing poles, it was a blast.  Bob Anderson (guy with glasses and fish) is the man who started this program.  He is a really great person and teacher.  He has devoted a lot of time and energy to helping spread his love for ceramics to a lot of people, and started the Jindezehn program as a way to bridge the gap between eastern and western art.  Way to go Bob.  
After I had my fill of a wonderful dinner I found myself sitting back in my chair in feeling as content as I have in a long time.  I realized as I watched all of the people around me laughing and talking, enjoying each others company what it can mean to celebrate even when you are not aware that you are doing so.  Today we celebrated life, and did not even mean to.  Way to go humans.
Before I came here some people back home told me that if I wanted to get checked to see if I needed glasses that this would be the place to do it, because it is really cheap.  I knew that my vision was perfect and that I did not need glasses, but I thought what the heck.  I had no idea my eyes where so bad.  Short story long, I now have glasses.  There is a song in the Disney movie Aladdin that goes a little something like this, "A whole new world...", or maybe this would be more fitting, "I can see clearly now...".  The picture is of me and my pal Zhong.

No comments:

Post a Comment